Our Ongoing Service Charter
We are committed to building and sustaining long-term client relationships based on trust, superior service and the quality of our initial and ongoing advice. Our philosophy is simple: to ensure financial peace of mind for you and your family across the generations. We will provide a highly personalised service, with the aim of ‘earning the right’ to be considered as your trusted financial adviser for many years to come. We will help you make informed financial decisions to help you to achieve your goals through personal, face-to-face financial advice.
A distinctive approach to investment management
At St. James's Place we recognise that no single investment house has a monopoly on investment expertise. We therefore provide access to a carefully selected group of external managers to oversee our range of funds. These managers are closely monitored by our Investment Committee on behalf of our clients. The Investment Committee is, in turn, supported by a number of independent external consultancies that are able to provide extensive research into the investment management market.
The tailored service we provide to you will include:
- Annual Confidential Review - Regular face-to-face reviews and telephone reviews are an important part of our ongoing service. You can also request a full review of your finances at any time.
- Availability to speak on the telephone between review meetings to discuss any financial questions or concerns
- Regular financial communications tailored to you and your interests
- Correspondence and literature that is clear and easy to understand
- Clarity and guidance in all aspects of your financial wellbeing
Through our regular client service review meetings, we will:
- Understand your financial circumstances and objectives
- Fully review your financial goals and adapt to any changes
- Review and, if applicable, re-balance your investment portfolio and fund choices
- Help you maximise the use of your annual tax allowances
- Keep you up to date with legislation and Budget changes
- Help you to review your appetite for investment risk as your circumstances and priorities evolve, ensuring your investments continue to meet your requirements
- Encourage and listen to your feedback to ensure we maintain our exceptional standards
Working together, you will:
- Have a clear understanding of your personal and financial objectives
- Have a plan in place that is risk-adjusted and aligned to your objectives
- Have a proactive process in place to review your financial plan and consider ongoing advice opportunities as your needs change over time.
Keeping you informed
We will provide you with access to regular communications. This ensures that you are kept fully informed of how your money is being managed and up to date with all the latest economic information, including any key changes that may affect your financial future. We will agree with you at the outset what you can expect and when.
The range of communications available to you include:
- Online access to your Wealth Account 24 hours a day, via our website
- A Market Bulletin sent weekly, providing up-to-date market and economic information
- Tax year-end reminders of the available allowances and tax-saving opportunities
- Annual valuation reports of your investments
- An annual Budget report summarising the chancellor’s Budget announcements
- The Investor magazine, This popular magazine, produced quarterly, contains a variety of thought provoking articles and fund manager insights on the current market as well as their views for the future and is full of investment news, interviews and opinions
- Invitations to client events/briefings Periodically events may be arranged which may be simply for entertainment or to discuss topical issues with likeminded individuals and a specialist presenter. Your suggestions are always valuable and your guests are always welcome.
- Insights - Online access to news and thought provoking articles on matters that affect your wealth via my website. Articles cover a variety of topics, from the latest market data and fund managers’ perspectives to key issues and developments in tax and pension planning.
- Access to the E-briefing Service, providing topical financial news articles via email
The value of an investment with St. James's Place will be directly linked to the performance of the funds selected and may fall as well as rise. You may get back less than the amount invested.
The levels and bases of taxation can change at any time. The value of any tax relief depends on individual circumstances.